clavia nord stage EX not responding on master and volume imidi not responding on song-change

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
musicman

clavia nord stage EX not responding on master and volume imidi not responding on song-change

Post by musicman »

Hi there, I connected my nord stage EX with local off to imidi patchbay and found that it will play sounds on imidi's slave sections only but not on any of the master sections. I tried various connections and I also used the same midi channel for outgoing and incoming data on the nord, since these channels cannot be assigned separately on the nord, but nothing changed. Any suggestionns?

Secondly, imidi patchbay accepts program- or song-change requests from my vintage yamaha masterkeyboard but ignores the same requests from the nord - huh!?

Finally, I found the nord stage EX with local off not responding to any volume level information from imidi pathbay including volume level "0" regardless whether adjusted in imidi's master- or in its slave sections. If I can't solve these issues, imidi patchbay will not become the preferred tool for my live perfomances, I'm afraid.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: clavia nord stage EX not responding on master and volume imidi not responding on song-change

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
I think the Nord Stage's MIDI port names are different for input and output. iMIDIPatchbay unfortunately expects those names to be equal for the master section to work. You can use an extern section however to send the data back to the keyboard, as you have done already. Sorry that there is no better way for that.
musicman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 pm Secondly, imidi patchbay accepts program- or song-change requests from my vintage yamaha masterkeyboard but ignores the same requests from the nord - huh!?
There must be a difference. Did you setup the receive port for program changes properly in the settings?
musicman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 pm Finally, I found the nord stage EX with local off not responding to any volume level information from imidi pathbay including volume level "0" regardless whether adjusted in imidi's master- or in its slave sections.
Did you activate MIDI reception for Control Changes in the Nord's settings?

Best,
Johannes