Setlist feature problem... Dropbox sync issue??

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
garywi

Setlist feature problem... Dropbox sync issue??

Post by garywi »

I’ve been using this app for ages... love the simple way it allowed me to play all my midi apps with an external keyboard!!

I now have a problem, though. I’m trying to give loads of detail so that I can get some help. I’ve found a moderately similar problem on this forum and seem to have made the problem worse after following steps to fix that problem.

My original problem (yesterday), when I purchased the set list extension was, after I manually created the sheets folder in drop box and put any file in the folder (word, PDF, didn’t seem to matter), the iMidipatchbay app was then crashing (or at least disappearing) on startup. I *think * I even tried loading a doc and then when I came back to iMidipatchbay it disappeared again (although I’ve tried so many experiments, my mind is now getting a little fuzzy).

Note: I had to create a sheets folder within this app’s folder in drop box myself... I’m guessing the app didn’t create this folder because I have used iMidipatchbay app for quite a few years... probably before the set list feature was created. I had previously opted to backup to drop box, bought extra masters... maybe all the in app purchases available when app first came out.

So, when I thought “why don’t I try this set list feature”, and bought it, the app didn’t magically create a folder, so I manually created a sheets folder and after that, I could reproduce the crash by putting a doc in this drop box sheets folder and fix it by removing all files from the sheets folder.

Then I read this fix and tried disconnecting my drop box in the hope that my iMidipatchbay would prompt me to link to drop box all over again:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12

My problem now: alas, iMidipatchbay now simply says drop box is offline. As well as not being able to try this relatively new set list feature... I now also can’t backup my settings if I try any midi experiments (whoops).

I deleted iMidipatchbay from my iPad (tried this on my old and new), but when I re-install, it doesn’t have this feature (of course).

If I click “Load backup from Dropbox” it gives an error “The backup could not be imported from your Dropbox”. When I click “Dropbox Status: Activate Sync” it seems to be prompting me to buy the setlist feature all over again. So, then I back out of this with “not now” and, instead, restore purchases... which updates this Dropbox Status button to say “offline”. On my newer device (left intact so I can still use but can’t back up) the “Dropbox Status” button says offline with a “last sync” date and time from yesterday... before I began this journey.

What should I try next? I still have the feeling that, if I can get iMidipatchbay to prompt me for some drop box credentials, things will probably work.

P.S
Would love this app to support iCloud Drive or at least iTunes file sharing to be able to grab that setting file for backup. (I know that developers make a few dollars from in app purchases, but now that setlist is available, is that prob solved?)

My iMidipatchbay Wishlist (I know... I should put elsewhere):
iCloud Drive support (or at least file sharing support so I can grab settings backups)
One or two word Labels for the “externals”

Gary
garywi

Re: Setlist feature problem... Dropbox sync issue??

Post by garywi »

This is a very sad day for me. I’ve enjoyed this little App and have made it the centre of my work flow. I rue the day I was tempted to buy the inApp purchase for set lists.

I can no longer back up any changes to settings, other than backing the whole iPad up and restoring the whole iPad (same on my iPhone)... meaning I can’t rely on it for anything serious.

Tomorrow marks seven days since I posted this cry for help on this forum and since I got the email back from midi flow telling me that this forum is my only support.

My next step is to begin the process (very sadly) of warning others of my dilemma via negative feedback (their choice to buy or not based on what they read) and seeking a refund from Apple for the in App purchase that uprooted stability of the App.

Very sad
Gary