Onsong Midi destination selections and Midiflow

Need help with Midiflow? Ask here!
hjstern

Onsong Midi destination selections and Midiflow

Post by hjstern »

I’m having an issue with Onsong and how it deals with the virtual ports created in Midiflow. Onsong allows us to select the MIDI ports or destinations and then it will send MIDI data to those selected ports from within the songs in Onsong which is quite useful for sending Program Changes or other data required for each song. Once the port is selected or unselected Onsong remembers the selection regardless of whether I plug in my hardware controller or open the app with the virtual port before reopening Onsong or after I reopen it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work properly with Midiflow at all in that it doesn’t seem to remember the selection made and simply re-selects each virtual port that I had created in Midiflow despite the fact that I had previously unselected those ports. I advised Onsong support of this issue and their response was that they use the unique identifier provided by CoreMIDI for that device or virtual port so if that unique identifier is changing for some reason, then Onsong would not be able to remember which MIDI destination/source was previously used and unselected by me. Does any of that make sense to you and is there anything you can do your end to get Midiflow to work with this feature in Onsong?