Dropbox save/restore stopped working, even with fresh installations

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
jimsmiss

Dropbox save/restore stopped working, even with fresh installations

Post by jimsmiss »

Good evening,

a few days ago, the Dropbox backup feature stopped working both on iphone and ipad. I cannot save or restore backups from dropbox any more.

What happens: When I go to the "Global Setup" menu, and hit "Save backup to Dropbox" or "Load backup from Dropbox", I get an error message: "The backup could not be saved in your Dropbox". This happens to my installation on iPhone (11) as well as on iPad (recent iPad air).

I did update the backup file from an older version (few weeks old) before this problem appeared, but I have done this many times before without any problems because I run iMIDIPatchbay both on iphone and ipad and sync these via the backup file.

I already tried the following , all without any success:
- Reinstall iMIDIPatchbay and restart ipad
- empty the Dropbox app folder for iMIDIPatchbay
- Delete the Dropbox app folder completely
- Remove iMIDIPatchbay from the list of accepted apps on the Dropbox account (in the hope it would ask me again to re-link Dropbox)
- Reinstall Dropbox on the ipad

Finally I did the following:
- uninstall both iMIDIPAtchbay AND Dropbox
- Create a completely new, empty dropbox account (using a previously unused email account)
- restart ipad
- install iMIDIPatchbay from scatch
- install Dropbox from Scratch, using the fresh and empty Dropbox account

So, the only thing that is still the same is my device and my icloud account - everything else has been reset to fresh.

Any ideas? Could it be that there is a cached setting in iCloud that makes the problem?

I am really lost.

- Timo
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Dropbox save/restore stopped working, even with fresh installations

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
please send me your email address to mail@midiflow.com so that I can include you in the TestFlight group.

Best,
Johannes
jimsmiss

Post by jimsmiss »

Hello Johannes,

the TestFlight version did not change the problem, I sent you a replythrough TestFlight a while ago.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to this. I am happy to help testing, and hope to get this resolved!

Best
Timo
Djpappa

Post by Djpappa »

This is the same problem I'm having. I sent a few posts, but no solutions. I have gone through similar steps to what is described here, but cannot re-establish a connection between the imidi patchbay app and Dropbox. Was this solved?