Stability of Midiflow a/o iCloud File Storage

Want more stuff in Midiflow? Let us know!
Leocity

Stability of Midiflow a/o iCloud File Storage

Post by Leocity »

Dear Johannes

I have some stability issues with Midiflow. In the Performance Mode (Just making music and let it flow) everything runs fine. But in the editing sessions (programming the parameters of the pipes) I have round about 10 crashes in an hour. Worser then that: Some crashes are destroying the whole project file (you call it "songs"). That means: Every work is lost, even if it was saved before and backuped several times

May be it has to do with the File management (Songs) wich however is not understandable for me. I can not load and backup projects via iTunes File access (or the finder in OSX Catalina). And there is no access to the project files via iCloud. This would be very helpfull because it gives more security in a backup meaning and it makes the projects usable on iPad and the iphone for those guys, who use both devices. And yes: I am one of them.

Thanks for considering this request
Leo
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Stability of Midiflow a/o iCloud File Storage

Post by Johannes »

Leocity wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pmeven if it was saved before and backuped several times
How are you doing this backup? Midiflow only supports exporting single songs, not all of them at once.

Midiflow stores the data when you tap the home button. So, you can do that once in a while to make sure that all data is saved, before the crash occurs. Of course, the app should not crash, though. Can you describe when it happens?

Best,
Johannes
Leocity

Re: Stability of Midiflow a/o iCloud File Storage

Post by Leocity »

How do I back up?

I back it up by "SAVE SONG AS" and give it a Name eg:

NOVATION LXL

and then create my Backups by saving it as

NOVATION LXL BACKUP1 and NOVATION LXL BACKUP2

So I have diffent versions of the Song (as a backup). However: Like I described I get crashes and the songs that have been saved before are vanished. All three Songs are gone. The crashes accure while adding CC Conrollers eG CC125 - NRPN76.

PS: my iPhone has no home button.