Not able to layer roland jupiter 80 with roland integra 7 via imidipatchbay

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
ruben drenthe

Not able to layer roland jupiter 80 with roland integra 7 via imidipatchbay

Post by ruben drenthe »

Hi,

I have 3 keyboards(jupiter 80,korg kronos,roland fantom) and 1 sound module from roland integra connected on iconnectivity midi 4.They are connected as following:midi 1 output to midi in jupiter 80,Midi 2 midi out to midi in on the korg kronos,Midi 3 midi out to midi in on the fantom and Midi 4 midi out to midi in on the roland integra.Everything seems to work fine as far as the switching of the sounds ,setlist and everything.I want that jupiter 80 and the integra to be able to layer eachother so what i did is putting the jup80 on master channel 1 and on extern1 i put the integra also on channel 1.They are both on channel 1 but jup80 is on iconnectmididin1 as far as device and the integra on iconnectmididin4.But the dont connect somehow and i'm wondering where do i go wrong?
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Not able to layer roland jupiter 80 with roland integra 7 via imidipatchbay

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
for mater sections to work, the input and output names of the midi ports need to be the same. So when connecting a keyboard, that you want to use as master, is should go IN "iConnectMIDI 1" and OUT "iConnectMIDI 1" (same with ports 2, 3, etc.)

Best,
Johannes