App Immediately Crashes

Need help with Midiflow for Audiobus? Ask here!
acy

App Immediately Crashes

Post by acy »

With the new IOS, using an Ipad Pro, the Midiflow app immediately crashes when I load a preset. Zero functionality.

http://preset.audiob.us/aqJDqBNpw191T0H
Orancula

Re: App Immediately Crashes

Post by Orancula »

Same thing happens for me. It takes multiple tries getting MF splitter launched in Audiobus and when it finally seems to be connected, it crashes after taping on it.

Also using new padOS with 2018 iPad Pro 12.9
Johannes
Site Admin

Post by Johannes »

I just checked with the latest versions of iOS and Audiobus... It does not crash for me. However, I'm not able to open the preset you posted, because the Audiobus website always directs me to the App Store instead of opening the preset.

Does the app also crash for you if you use it in stand-alone mode (open app and select "continue without Audiobus")?

Did you contact the Audiobus support as well? Audiobus sometimes terminates apps in the background in order to circumvent some issues with the Inter-App Audio API, which the whole system relies on. However, this should only happen if the user is not using the app anymore, instead of preventing him to use it.

Best,
Johannes
acy

Post by acy »

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I hope to resolve the issue, as I have a live show coming up and am desperate to not lose the hours of work I've done using the app.

Is there something wrong with the way I provided the link to the preset? Can any guidance be provided on how to do that the right way? I copied to preset by sending it from my ipad to my desktop, but then when I try to upload it as an attachment, I get an Invalid file extension error message. I have tried this with several of the malfunctioning presets, and the message is always the same, rejecting the file extension.

I am using a Nektar Impact GX49 USB keyboard, if that is relevant information.

The stand-alone midiflow app opens fine, but when I open it within Audiobus 3 and then try to load any number of presets, it immediately crashes.
acy

Post by acy »

I have contacted Michael Tyson at Audiobus 3, who deflected the problem back to you, telling me that he had forwarded the problem to a forum thread, after which I never heard back.
Mjusic

Post by Mjusic »

Hi Johannes
I like the product and the idea with it, thanks.
The Midiflow Splitter app Crashes for me too, sadly.
I've also got the same Ipad Pro (2018) and Audiobus 3.

If I download both audiobus and the splitter, I get it to work once and for a while, which is nice.
I then try to save presets in audiobus and it still works...
But after turning the Ipad off or perhaps doing something else for a while, that's when the problem starts...

It won't work to get it up and running again unless you delete both apps and reinstall them again...

Hopefully you or audiobus-support gets a hold of it soon.

For info.
Use IRig Keys Pro I/O
Audiobus 3
Bassalisiuos 2
Pure Synth Platinum 2
FM Tines 2

Yours sincerely Mr Mjusic
Johannes
Site Admin

Post by Johannes »

Hey guys,
can anybody of you record a video of the whole setting up in Audiobus, and the crash? I'm unable to reproduce it here, just tried again. The recording file might be too large to post here, so send it to mail@midiflow.com.

Furthermore, I haven't received anything from Mike Tyson regarding this issue. @aci Can you send me a link to that thread?

Best,
Johannes
Johannes
Site Admin

Post by Johannes »

I just want to let you know, guys, that I'm finally able to reproduce the crash. I'm investigating now, and also have contacted Michael Tyson because I think it is an Audiobus-related issue.

Does anyone experience a crash when using the app in stand-alone mode?

Best,
Johannes
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

Bonjour yes I have a probem with mf splitter my keyboard restart always ! Philippe thank you for your help
acy

Post by acy »

Good to hear the problem is on your radar. Please update with any suggestions/solutions as they materialize. Sometimes the apps pair perfectly fine, other times, they immediately crash midiflow as soon as a file is loaded.