GUI Request for iPhone MidiFlow app

Want more stuff in Midiflow? Let us know!
occat

GUI Request for iPhone MidiFlow app

Post by occat »

Hi there, first of all thank you for an amazing app! It's allowed me to safely control Anytune Pro while in the car, because there's no need to look at the iPhone screen anymore, and also I can have my GPS Nav app on the screen while still controlling Anytune in the background.

The only issue is that occasionally I need to reconnect the bluetooth controller to Midiflow, and this requires several steps, so I was wondering if it were at all possible to reduce the steps needed and/or make the process slightly easier. I realize GUI changes aren't particularly simple nor high priority but figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

I made a little screen recording that shows what the issue is:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JzyN7UDLW6ZybB9ZA

But basically, to connect my bluetooth controller (Akai LPD8), the steps are:
- Click on settings button in upper right corner—for some reason, it always takes several taps to register, possibly because the extreme right upper corner of the screen is the iPhone icon area and not part of MidiFlow GUI itself
- Click on config button in bottom right corner
- Scroll up just a little bit to get to "Find nearby devices"—I have an iPhone XR so the screen is fairly tall but just not tall enough …
- Click on the desired bluetooth controller (Akai LPD8 in my case).

So if any of those could be made easier (even not needing to scroll up a bit to get to "Find nearby devices" would help), that would be great—it doesn't really affect the functionality of the app itself though so if it can't be done that's alright too. Thanks again!
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: GUI Request for iPhone MidiFlow app

Post by Johannes »

Hi, thank you very much for the video!
The UI for connecting BT devices is actually an iOS-Dialog, so I could only change the way to get there, but I cannot create a "reconnect" button next to the app icon.

The fact, that the settings button is hard to reach is probably because I haven't updated the app for that phone type, and the button now overlaps with the status bar. This takes away some clickable space. I will change that soon!

Best,
Johannes
occat

Re: GUI Request for iPhone MidiFlow app

Post by occat »

That would be great, thanks so much for taking the time to view the video & respond! And again it's amazing what a difference MidiFlow has made for me (and many others I'm sure)—it is much appreciated!

Aki