Remapping PC to CC...HELP!

Need help with Midiflow? Ask here!
looselectron

Remapping PC to CC...HELP!

Post by looselectron »

I'm trying to use an old BOSS FC-50 MIDI footcontroller to toggle effects on/off in Yonac Tonestack.

Midiflow receives PC messages from the foot controller (and native CC data from external expression pedals) but the Tonestack app is not receiving CC messages when I set it to remap.

In other words, I want Midiflow to convert PC message to CC on/off messages. Did I buy the wrong app?
Jwsadler

Re: Remapping PC to CC...HELP!

Post by Jwsadler »

Might be a good idea to post the "preset" file here. Without knowing how you did the remapping, I believe Midiflow can do what you want if you use the controller remapping (in-app purchase) feature. Set Input to PC, output to CC, and use latch or increment mode.
Turn on event logging to help you debug your current setup
looselectron

Re: Remapping PC to CC...HELP!

Post by looselectron »

Ok, I tried that, taking care to restrict the MIDI channel to #1 (even though this step probably isn't necessary.) I also made sure to switch the app to Virtual MIDI input only, as per the warning in the app.

Neither LATCH nor INCREMENT mode worked, but DIRECT did remap PC messages to CC14. However I had to set the app's MIDI Unit Control Screen to Momentary to get a simple switch to toggle on and off.

Now EVERY PC message above the threshold (in other words every foot switch on the controller) toggles the switch on/off.

I realize that I can probably get finer control by adding multiple filters to limit the value of incoming PC messages and then remap them to unique CC values, but you think something's wrong here, I will try it again and send the event log.
Attachments
preset.mflw
(36.14 KiB) Downloaded 228 times