Selection of a preset by program change Topic is solved

Need help with Midiflow? Ask here!
flyingsnowman

Selection of a preset by program change

Post by flyingsnowman »

Hi,

I tried changing the MidiFlow preset (song) by sending a Program Change. I checked both midi channels, and assigned numbers to each preset as explained in the documentation. However, I do not seem to be able to let MidiFlow acknowledge the program change. It is possible to select the "next" song, or the "previous song", but I want the same program change number as the one I'm sending. So, if I send a program change 18, I want MidiFlow to select song 18. This does not seem to be possible currently... Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, kind regards,
Eric
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Selection of a preset by program change

Post by Johannes »

Hi Eric,
could you please post a screenshot of the song list (with the assigned program numbers) as well as a screenshot of the controller assignment for the program selection?

Thanks,
Johannes
flyingsnowman

Post by flyingsnowman »

Hi Johannes,

Here they are.

Kind regards,
Eric
Attachments
Songs2.png
Songs2.png (125.57 KiB) Viewed 56165 times
Controller_Assignment.PNG
Controller_Assignment.PNG (170.64 KiB) Viewed 56165 times
Johannes
Site Admin

Post by Johannes »

Ok, and "Input keyboard" as input is correct? So, you have configured the input keyboard accordingly? Can you, just for testing, try to elect the input port directly in the controller assignment, instead of "input keyboard"?
flyingsnowman

Re: Selection of a preset by program changeAccepted answer

Post by flyingsnowman »

Hi,
It works now. The reason is that the program change sent by the Kemper is one value higher than the song that MidiFlow uses.
So, if I send a program change of 1, nothing happens. But if I send one of 2, song 1 is choosen.
That's why I was confused. However, the program changes do choose another song in Midiflow, so everything works!
Kind regards,
Eric
Johannes
Site Admin

Post by Johannes »

Ok great, I will mark your answer as the solution.