Remapping iRig BlueBoard to Control Funkbox drum machine

Need help with Midiflow? Ask here!
timski

Remapping iRig BlueBoard to Control Funkbox drum machine

Post by timski »

Hi
I am having difficulty getting this to work.
I want to use my BlueBoard to control stop/start, tap tempo and pattern +/-.
I have BlueBoard as the source and Funkbox as the destination and have done what I think is the appropriate remapping in the modifier (using MIDI learn).
Funkbox is definitely receiving MIDI from the BlueBoard (and shows up as connected via BTLE) but is not responding as I hoped.
Can you guide me through the steps to get this working?

EDIT: I have noticed the BlueBoard is sending note on when pressed and note off when released so this is likely the problem.
CAN MIDIflow make it so it only sends note on?
Thanks
timski

Re: Remapping iRig BlueBoard to Control Funkbox drum machine

Post by timski »

So I think I’ve nearly worked it using ‘latch’ mode out but it is only sending note off messages instead of note on.
I’ve done a screen recording of the set up and the data flow in MIDI monitor but don’t know how to post it here.
Any help gratefully received!
timski

Re: Remapping iRig BlueBoard to Control Funkbox drum machine

Post by timski »

I’ve got it to kind of work. It is converting CC22 to note A5 but rather than sending a single MIDI ON A5 it sends a pair of MIDI OFF A5’s.
This works for start/stop but a similar mapping for CC23 -> A#5 for tap tempo doesn’t (presumably as the pair of note ons prevent the receiving app from calculating a tempo??). How do I just send one MIDI ON note instead of 2 MIDI OFFs?
I suspect latch mode settings are the answer but I can’t work it out.