Select Song No by Midi Prg-Change from UnrealBook Topic is solved

Need help with Midiflow? Ask here!
Hammond

Select Song No by Midi Prg-Change from UnrealBook

Post by Hammond »

Hello,

My Configuration is (will hopefully be):

* IPAD Air 2 with
- UnrealBook (Song-Sheets, Prg.Change MIDI out <Bluetooth Midi>)
- MidiFlow
* Korg Triton Workstation with Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi Adapter
* Hammond Organ with Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi Adapter
* Norg Stage 2 Keyboard with Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi Adapter
* Moog Synthesizer with Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi Adapter

... each keyboard of course with a different midi channel!

I won't change sending Prg-Changes for the Keyboards by sending them via MidiFlow. The Program Changes shoud remain in UnrealBook.

But I want to send a Prg-Change on a dedicated Midi channel from UnrealBook to MidiFlow to Change the Song, so that I'm able to for example
- Play Sounds of the Korg Workstation from the Nord-Keyboard in Song 01
- Play Sounds of the Moog-Synthesizer from the Korg-Workstation in Song 02

Sending the program changes from UnrealBook via bluetooth to the Yamaha bluetooth-Midi adapters works! Now I want to add the Midiflow Software to add ("only") different routings for the keyboards for my different songs.

Now my questions:

- Is this basically possible?
- I bought the basic version of MidiFlow. Which additional Extension must I buy to realize this?
- How can I send a ProgramChange on a certain midi channel from UnreakBook Software to MidiFlow to select songs?
- Is it necessary to make special routings in MidiFlow to forward the Prg-Change commands for the instruments onto the instruments?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Select Song No by Midi Prg-Change from UnrealBookAccepted answer

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
please refer to https://www.midiflow.com/documentation/#preset-numbers and https://www.midiflow.com/documentation/ ... ssignments. What you have to do is assigning a program number to each preset in Midiflow, and then create a controller assignment that changes the presets based on incoming Program Changes. You won't need any add-ons for that.
Hammond wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 pm Is it necessary to make special routings in MidiFlow to forward the Prg-Change commands for the instruments onto the instruments?
You could forward the Program Changes though Midiflow by adding the corresponding routings. You could probably also send the commands from UndReal book directly to the instruments, without the route through Midiflow.

Best,
Johannes