dont see audiokit d1 in midiflow Topic is solved

Need help with Midiflow? Ask here!
luca de bortoli

dont see audiokit d1 in midiflow

Post by luca de bortoli »

Hi, I'm not able to see synth audiokit d1 in midiflow to filter program change incoming from an ewi 5000.
What can I do?
Thanks a lot.
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: dont see audiokit d1 in midiflowAccepted answer

Post by Johannes »

Hi Luca,
there are two ways on iOS to get MIDI from one app (like Midiflow) to another (like a synth).
  1. The synth app has a virtual MIDI input port that is visible in Midiflow as an output.
  2. Midiflow provides a virtual MIDI output port that is visible in the synth app as an input.
The first case is the usual case – most synth apps offer a virtual MIDI input port, and you can easily select that in Midiflow as a destination. I don't have D1 so I cannot check if it is an exception. If it is, and your description sounds like it, you will have to use case 2 and create a custom virtual midi output in Midiflow. It very easy to do that, see https://www.midiflow.com/documentation/ ... tual-ports for more details. This port should then be visible in D1, but I don't know if it has a MIDI configuration screen. Could you check that?

Best,
Johannes
luca de bortoli

Re: dont see audiokit d1 in midiflow

Post by luca de bortoli »

thanks a lot, I don't see midi port in D1, I'll ask to builder
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: dont see audiokit d1 in midiflow

Post by Johannes »

Ok, I'll mark this thread as solved. Feel free to come back if you need further help.

Best,
Johannes