Controlling Korg Module or SampleTANK

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
Quarry42

Controlling Korg Module or SampleTANK

Post by Quarry42 »

Hi, imidipatchbay is a great product! I have it controlling my Yamaha CP40 using setlist and it works flawlessly. I would like to get some patches from Korg or SampleTANK but can’t find a way to address the different patches. It works if I select the patches directly from the korg software etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Controlling Korg Module or SampleTANK

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
so your problem is that SmpleTank is not reacting to Program Changes?

Best,
Johannes
Quarry42

Post by Quarry42 »

Hi Johannes,
I can't find a way to address the sounds. works fine if I select the patches directly in the app. Using Korg Module mostly. My keyboard internal sounds work fine with midi addresses but can't find a way address patches in Korg Module or Sample Tank.
Johannes
Site Admin

Post by Johannes »

OK, I think you should contact the support of those apps. I had a quick look at sample tank but was not able to figure it out myself either. A workaround would be to have multiple instruments set up in sampetank, and have them respond on different MIDI channels (see screenshot). Then, each song in iMIDIPatchbay would send on a different channel, depending on which sound you want to use.
Attachments
IMG_6352B0A23656-1.jpeg
IMG_6352B0A23656-1.jpeg (208.65 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
simondrake

Post by simondrake »

I have just registerd, I hope I'm doing the right thing, posting a new question in an open thread.

I've just bought IMIDIPATCHBAY. My aim is to setup my master keyboard (yamaha P121b piano) to control app modules on IPAD.
I easily setup the master keyboard, it has its own internal sounds that respond to program changes (I don't need to specifiy MSB or LSB). MID channel 1.

My apps: NEOSOUL KEYS studio 2, Korg module, Sunrizer and EGDR Drum Machines 808.

I setup each of them in different midi channels on IMPB (2-3-4-5).

They don't seem to respond to PG, but for example if I select a patch on neosoul keys then it stays on IMPB. this doesn't happen on korg module and I wasn't able to do this in the other apps either. I'm totally ignorant in midi, is there something I can do for my setup?
Thanks and sorry for being so unexperienced and novice.