Master program change fail Topic is solved

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
gildabass

Master program change fail

Post by gildabass »

Hi,

when i try to send program change to my master keyboard (a Nord Stage 2, connected via USB) in the master section, it doesn't work… Obviously it's because it is sent to the same device as specified in the setup menu, which is "nord stage OUT" not IN !!
i worked it around by adding an extern section with "nord stage IN", but is there anything i don't get ???

thanks !
Gildas
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Master program change failAccepted answer

Post by Johannes »

It should work when you use a section that sends data to "Nord Stage In". Maybe you have to activate program changes in the keyboard?

Best,
Johannes
gildabass

Re: Master program change fail

Post by gildabass »

Thanks for the reply. Of course, PC are activated in the keyboard. and yes, it does work when a section is sent back to the nord. That's the way I worked it out. But, obviously, I shouldn't have to use this section, as I originally wanted to use the KB as a master which sends PCs to multiple apps in my iPad.
But OK, if this is the only way…
cheers mate !
Dolf

Re: Master program change fail

Post by Dolf »

I have a yamaha P90 as masterkeyboard and I use it internal sounds. Is it so that if you enable de mastersection, all midi data can be routed back to the P90?

I have a midiface 4x4 and i can select midi input 1 in the master setup, but i cannot select midi output 1. I use a extern section to send the signal back to the P90 but somehow i cannot manage to make PC to work.

Dolf