Incorrect Split Point Note & Display on Master not changing after a program change Topic is solved

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
alcy63

Incorrect Split Point Note & Display on Master not changing after a program change

Post by alcy63 »

I'm new to this forum so hi to everyone.
I have setup two keyboards in iMidiPatchbay by following closely the instructions on the setup video. I think I have everything right but I have 2 small issues. I have the master as 76 key Yamaha EW-410 and a Roland D-05 on an extern section. The Roland is connected to an iconnectivity 4x4 interface via 5 pin din and the master via usb midi (type a) on the rear of interface. Both keyboards respond to program changes but only the Roland will change its display to the correct patch. The master will change to the correct sound but the display will not change at all. This makes it difficult to check that I am on the correct sound. I do not know if it's a setting on iMidiPatchbay or the keyboard itself. Also, split points are off by an octave on the master. For example, I choose a split point of C3 on the Yamaha but iMidiPatchbay shows a slit point of C4. Not sure why this is happening - hope that someone can help a newbe!
:)
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Split Point Note & Display on Master not changing after a program changeAccepted answer

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
regarding the display issue, you are talking about the keyboard's display? This must be a keyboard issue then, because the app is sending Program Changes for changing the program, nothing else. Are you maybe in a performance oder master mode, and the program change command is changing a sound within that preset, without changing the preset itself? Thats the only explanation that comes to my mind.
alcy63 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm For example, I choose a split point of C3 on the Yamaha but iMidiPatchbay shows a slit point of C4. Not sure why this is happening
Do you have global transpose set in the keyboard? If not, I think there are different conventions about octave numbering, so it might happen that the numbers are off when using different keyboards (and the app).

Best,
Johannes