Dropbox insert and remove function

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
Djpappa

Dropbox insert and remove function

Post by Djpappa »

I have been using imidi patchbay for a few years now and it's fantastic. I have my setlists set up with PDFs linked to Dropbox. Just recently, the insert and remove documents function stopped working. I can still create setlists and add/delete songs, but cannot modify the documents at all. What do I need to do to solve this problem?
Djpappa

Re: Dropbox insert and remove function

Post by Djpappa »

Since my original post, I tried reinstalling my imidi patchbay app on my ipad, but there is still no synchronization between Dropbox and iMidi Patchbay. In the global setup it shows Dropbox status as offline and I cannot load a backup from Dropbox. When I try to insert a document on a new test song, I get a message that says "no files found. Add your PDF sheets to 'apps/imidipatchbay/sheets in your Dropbox." I still have my PDFs in that folder, but for some reason iMidi Patchbay isn't finding it. I saw other posts related to this issue, but they all seem unresolved. There must be a simple fix for re-establishing the connection between Dropbox and iMidi Patchbay? Please help.
MarceloCaramuta

Post by MarceloCaramuta »

I am having the same issue since the most recent update. I can add a pdf, but I cannot remove a PDF and once a PDF is added, I cannot add another PDF. Johannes, can you please assist us? Since the last update, I am also regularly experiencing hanging synths and I have to use the PANIC button. This is something I did not experience before. It happens at every performance now.

Many thanks
srcohiba

Post by srcohiba »

I am having the same issue. I like to copy some of my patches, but I need to add new PDF with lyrics to new song. I have gig on the 18th of the month and I'd rather not have to program songs from scratch. I used to be able to do this with no problem.

thanks
MarceloCaramuta

Post by MarceloCaramuta »

The issue continues, But I haven't seen any response from the developer. I've been and continue to use iMIDIPatchbay for all my professional work. Maybe it isn't being supported anymore in favor of the new AU plugin systems? I hope this isn't the case.
Last edited by MarceloCaramuta on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djpappa

Post by Djpappa »

I couldn’t agree more with Marcelo’s post. This app did exactly what I was looking for and ,unfortunately, I have not found another app that handles midi program changes and simultaneously displays charts with set lists. If you know of an alternative, please post it.