Saving favorite presets from my Fantom XR Rack

Need help with iMIDIPatchbay? Ask here!
Su222

Saving favorite presets from my Fantom XR Rack

Post by Su222 »

Hi,
I am having hard time figuring out iMIDIPatchbay.I need to send CC and PC messages to my Hardware rack Synth {Fantom XR} .I got a Master Midi Keyboard, MAudio uno MIDI interface, and an IPad, The app is receiving midi messages but does not detect my Synth.How do I connect everything ? I got my synth midi in and out plugged into a powered USB hub, from the USB hub, it goes to the IPad via Apple connection adapter, and the Master keyboard is connected to the usb hub via usb cable, Audio is produced from the synth which is plugged in to an Amp, I can hear the current Patch playing from the Synth !
I would like to be able to trigger my favorite patches from the Fantom and save them as my Favorite Patches on the app and use them on the fly while I’m performing live on the Stage I don’t really care about other parameters other then maybe a knob for Volume control..What am I missing here ? What am I doing wrong ? I already have spent several hours trying to figure it out and am so frustrated there’s not many tutorials on YouTube or the Web..Please Help !

Thank you
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Saving favorite presets from my Fantom XR Rack

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
Su222 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:52 pm The app is receiving midi messages but does not detect my Synth.
What exactly do you mean with “detect”? You will have to create an extern section and select the midi port in the settings (little midi icon) that the Fantom is connected to. Also make sure that the Fantom is configured to receive program changes.

When you play notes, the Fantom already makes a sound? And it makes no sound if you kill the app? This is just to make sure that it is definitely iMIDIPatchbay that routes the midi in your system.

Best,
Johannes